How to pick a name for your Yard Sign Business
You have a great Yard Sign business idea and you can’t wait to get started on it. But you are stuck forever trying to decide upon a great business name. Don’t let the name become a hurdle on your path to success. So, let’s get started. Ready, Set, Go!
Write all the names down that come to your mind. Write at least 20 names. Here are a few websites where you can get some ideas
Now, cross out the ones which are
- longer than 20 characters
- tell a location
- too narrow on products. eg Janescakes. It is possible that you want to expand your business to more products in future.
- have domain names taken (do a quick search on the internet of the names and you will know)
- has been trademarked (go to USPTO.gov and search in trademarks)
- are an existing business in your state (Search in Secretary of State to make sure there isn’t another business in your state that has the same name)
If you have a few names still left that haven’t been checked, proceed to the next step or go back to brainstorming new name ideas
Circle the ones that have the following qualities
- Short and simple
- If possible, tell people about the business.
Now, you might be left with just one or two names. Pick out the one you like and Viola you, my dear friend have a business name. Congratulations!